Sunday 24 March 2013

Tea and cake.

I'm pretty sure that there's not many of us who would say no to a slice of cake and a hot beverage. Cake is another one of those simple pleasures in life and accompanied with a big hot mug of tea is just heaven. Recently I've got back into baking and decided to make a gluten free traditional Victoria sponge cake. I baked it last weekend and there is still a 1/4 of the cake left as it was huge!

Strawberry jam and butter-cream are perfect fillings!
I always use Doves Farm gluten free self raising flour as I always get consistently good results. This flour is made from a blend of rice, tapioca, potato, maize and buckwheat. This may sound like an odd mix to create a flour with but they are all gluten free and work just as well as wheat to make a versatile flour. If you are new to gluten free baking then I would recommend this flour which also comes with some handy recipes on the back of the packet.


 
 


 To finish add chocolate shavings and butter-cream.


Here is the link to the recipe I followed to make a gluten free Victoria sponge using the Doves Farm recipe: http://www.dovesfarm.co.uk/recipes/gluten-free-victoria-sponge/

My next baking mission is to make yummy gluten free chocolate brownies which I will do a post on how to make. So why don't you get your aprons and rolling pins at the ready and get baking!




Tilly
x

No comments:

Post a Comment