Monday 18 February 2013

Pretty things - homeware.

Homeware is essentially what adds a personal touch or character to any room. Whenever I go for some retail therapy I always have to have a gander at homeware even if I'm not looking for anything in particular. I really love how the addition of a few bits of homeware whether it be a clock or a picture can really add character to a room. I am always drawn to anything tea-related or vintage to add to my vast collection in my bedroom which I had decorated about a year ago. I just wanted to share some of my favourite homeware items that I've either re-used or bought to go with the decor. 


As you would have seen from my last post, one of my all time favourite items in my bedroom is my teapot shaped table light. It gives a subtle low-light effect which is perfect if you want to relax. I was bought this as a birthday present from Laura Ashley. It was expensive but so worth it! 










   




I have a bit of an obsession with bird cages and I was bought this one as a present. I have personalised it with fairy lights and random bits and bobs. They are so easy to personalise with anything really whether it be pearls, fairy lights or butterflies etc. One of my friends is getting married in August and she has opted for birdcages as the table centre pieces at the wedding reception - how lovely!








I don't use this clock to tell the time but I am fond of it just as a pretty thing to look at. I got this a while ago from Tkmaxx for around a tenna which I didn't think was bad at all. 
















This hand-made vase I also got from Tkmaxx which I picked up for £7.00. To give it something extra I just put a few Christmas baubles in to match the colour scheme of my room. A simple touch that really gives a striking effect.















Last but by no means least is a wooden plaque type thing which lives on my desk. I chose this as a Christmas present from my brother which was from a boutique shop in Birmingham. It really caught my eye as it is simple but striking with one of my favourite tea related sayings. Cheap at only a fiver!








These bits and bobs are just a few of things that I love in my room and I will be sharing with you some of my vintage homeware in an upcoming post. There will be lots more pretty things to follow :) 

                                                                                                                          Tilly x

No comments:

Post a Comment