Wednesday 27 February 2013

Looking good for less - beautiful bargains.


I have always been a bargain hunter - you could say I was bought up as one. I was schooled in the art of getting a thrifty deal by my parents and I am a proud 'yellow sticker' merchant. I love the thrill of buying something at a reduced price - that's not to say that I buy anything reduced just to say I've got a bargain. Most of the time when I get a bargain it's something I've wanted when it was full price or something I've picked out on a sale rack which took my fancy.

The best part of bargain hunting for me is getting my reduced items home and seeing the money I've saved. It's great when people compliment you on something you're wearing and their surprise when you tell them where you bought it from and the price. That's the beauty of it - you can look good and not spend a fortune.

This weekend just gone I did a spot of shopping with one of my best friends and fellow bargain enthusiast. Here are some of my thrifty purchases that I want to share with you:

Topshop earrings

I am really into anything military in fashion and these earrings really caught my eye. At half price (£3.75) these are a great addition to some of my military inspired clothing. Topshop often have a sale on their jewellery and I have picked up bits and bobs for a quid. I rarely buy jewellery full price and wait for the things I want to be reduced as some of it is expensive for what it is. 


My bargain Topshop earrings.



Leopard print heels

I found these on the shoe sale rack in the Dotty P's section in Outfit. They are unlike any heels that I've already got as they encompass two different patterns - leopard print at the front and studded detail on the heel. These beauties were only £7.00 reduced from £48.00. What a bargain! I couldn't believe how cheap they were. My friend also bought a pair and we were both so chuffed!


One of my favourite bargains ever!


Body lotion

As you will have seen from my last post I am a fan of lotions and potions. Tkmaxx have a great range of face, body and hair products. In this section they also have a sale bit which I always have a rummage in. This time I picked up a firming body lotion made from 98% natural ingredients. It smells lovely and is in a bottle with a dispenser so it is easy to apply. At £3.00 in the sale this is a good investment and addition to my lotions and potions. 

Firming body lotion for only £3!


To find some bargains of your own next time you have some retail therapy be sure to have a good rummage in any sale racks as you never know what you might find. It takes time and patience but this is often rewarded by a great find. Happy bargain hunting!


Tilly
x

No comments:

Post a Comment