Saturday 10 August 2013

Anyone for an ice-cream?

I've had this post written up for a fair few weeks but with the on/off sunshine I've held off putting this on my blog. But what the heck here goes…

Us Brits have been well and truly taken by surprise with this beautiful weather. In true British style though we have all been moaning about how 'hot' it is. Typical eh? We are never satisfied! I just wanted to write a blog pose on the ways I have been enjoying the sunshine including fashion and skincare.

For me there is no better way of enjoying the sunshine than to get under a brolly with an ice-cold Kopparberg, a nice salad with all the trimmings and a good book. One thing about this weather is that I really struggle to fancy a lot of food especially anything heavy or stodgy. So salads are perfect - healthy, tasty and light! I have also tucked into a BBQ - but who hasn't? It goes hand in hand with this weather and who can resist the smell of a good BBQ? Good food, good company and good weather: priceless! Although I'm a massive tea-drinker, I've not been having my usual 8 cups a day. They do say though that hot drinks are the perfect choice in hot weather - homeostasis and all that - but I won't bore you with science.

So onto skincare....

 

This weather is spot on for getting a natural tan. But no-one likes to look like a lobster! Looking after your skin is so important in this weather and although it's tempting to think 'we are only in Britain we don't need sun cream' - those Uv rays are so strong and protecting our skin is so important. Hawaiian tropic have some wonderful smelling sun creams but they aren't the cheapest. If you have a B&M by you they sell it there and for a fraction of the price of Boots and Superdrug!

If you're not a sun seeker and don't like soaking up the rays then a great alternative is to use a gradual tan moisturiser. I'm currently using the Dove version which I bought from B&M for £2.99. I'm using it to purely top up my tan and mainly for my legs which I struggle to tan naturally.

Baking ourselves in the sun does come at a price for our skin and after sun exposure it is important to moisturise. Aloe Vera gel is perfect to cool and soothe sunburn and there's a vast range of after sun products available. I recently purchased the No.7 after sun lotion which has a lovely shimmer to it - and it smells great! I will also use it for nights out as it will look lovely on top of a subtle tan. Highly recommended!

I have also bought a self-spray tan (medium-dark) from the No.7 range and silky leg oil so that I can get my legs out in style. I don't usually bare my legs but in the heat we've had its impossible not too! Plus I’m getting to show off my tattoos and it seems pretty pointless to have them and not display them.

Get your lippy at the ready…


In weather like this I always have the dilemma of what make-up to wear. I have recently bought some new shades of lippy and eye shadow to compliment this beautiful weather. Lipstick wise I have swapped my sultry plums and reds for coral pinks and violets. In the eye shadow stakes I have chosen forest greens and purple shades - it is all about colour in the summer after all! BB moisturiser is a must too if you want to mask blemishes without using a heavy foundation. All this nicely topped off with some bronzer and you are ready to look like a summer goddess.

Enjoy the beautiful summer rays

Tilly x

No comments:

Post a Comment